Quaife Acura / Honda K-series (K20 / K24) Sequential gearkit E8J V2
QKE8J is a 5-speed sequential gearkit for the EP3 and FN2 versions of the Honda Civic Type R as well as the DC5 Intregra. Ideally suited to circuit racing, drag racing and rally use it’s designed as a direct replacement for the standard six-speed H-pattern Honda transmission.
QKE8J features a replacement Quaife outer gearbox case incorporating an additional support bearing between 4th and 5th gear. A compact, drum style sequential gearchange mechanism and an open face dog design ensure an ultra rapid, positive gear sequential shift.
QKE8J re-uses the original EP3/FN2/DC5 bellhousing half of the transmission casing, enabling the retention of the Honda clutch, differential, driveshafts and mounting points. Wide straight cut (spur) close-ratio gears minimise transmission losses and offer a choice of rally, race or drag race gearing.
There is also the choice of a helical set for road and track day applications.
Key technical features of the QKE8J five-speed Acura / Honda K-series EP3/FN2/DC5 sequential gearkit include:
- Strengthened outer casing and five wider gears
- Ultra fast sequential gearshift with straight cut or helical close-ratio gears
- Retains stock EP3/FN2/DC5 clutch, diff, driveshafts and mounts
- Optional LED digital gear position indicator available
PLEASE NOTE: The Quaife QKE8J package includes the new transmission housing, gear lever and cable
Gear Ratios Available :
1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th
3.100 / 2.067 / 1.421 / 1.048 / 0.870 - Drag Set
3.100 / 2.067 / 1.611 / 1.333 / 1.136 - Rally Set
2.417 / 1.611 / 1.263 / 1.000 / 0.852 - Race Set
2.400 / 1.600 / 1.261 / 1.038 /0.857 - Helical Set
Final Drive Ratios :
Straight Cut - 3.800 / 4.143 / 4.357 / 4.750 / 5.091
Helical - 4.750
Options (Additional cost) :
- Additional final drive ratio QRE8J (Email us for cost)
- Optional gear position indicator QMLED $199
- Optional Flat shift gear knob kit $599
- Optional LED Display $199